- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 onions medium sized, minced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger root finely chopped
- 6 whole cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 2 cans garbanzo beans 15 ounce, drained and washed
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 cup chopped fresh cilantr
- Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium heat, and fry onions until tender.
- Stir in garlic, ginger, cloves, cinnamon, cumin, coriander, salt, cayenne, and turmeric. Cook for 1 minute over medium heat, stirring constantly.
- Mix in garbanzo beans and the water. Continue to cook and stir until all ingredients are well blended and heated through.
- Remove from heat. Stir in cilantro just before serving, reserving 1 tablespoon for garnish.
Serve warm or cold.