- 150 g / 5 ½ oz chorizo roughly chopped
- 400 g can of chickpeas drained and rinsed
- 3 cloves of garlic finely chopped
- Handful of flat leaf parsley finely chopped
- 2 ripe mangoes stoned and flesh diced
- Small handful of fresh basil roughly chopped
- Small handful of fresh coriander leaves roughly chopped
- 250 g / 9oz baby spinach leaves
- 1 tbsp dry sherry
Heat the olive oil in a frying pan, add the chorizo and chickpeas and cook over a low heat for 1 minute, then add the garlic and parsley and cook for a further minute. Add the sherry and cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Put the mango and remaining herbs in a bowl and toss together, then add the chickpea mixture and combine well.
Spoon onto a bed of spinach to serve.