If endless partying, shopping and tying up all those loose ends at work have quickly depleted your natural energy stores. Follow these simple but effective tips to recharge your batteries and start the New Year with a bang!
- Lavender – uplifting and calming, Lavender is ideal for balancing the body and mind as well as soothing away the stresses of the day. Sprinkle a few drops on a tissue and inhale the fragrance as soon as you start to feel stressed or fatigued.
- Watch your sugar intake to avoid your blood sugar levels dropping too low which results in low energy, mood and weight gain.
- Are you getting enough sleep?
- Boost flagging spirits with a burst of aerobic exercise. Run up and down stairs as fast as you can or put on some music and dance the night away.
- Give in to tiredness – whatever time of the day, take a 10 minute nap. It can work wonders.
- Rejuvenate tired eyes with a few minutes of palming. Rub your hands together to warm them up, then cup them over your closed eyes.
- Soak in a long bath with epsom salts – not only will the downtime help to relieve your stressed body, the magnesium contained in epsom salts is the body’s natural tranquiliser which will help you unwind and sleep.
- Listen to your body and be realistic about what you can and can’t achieve.
- If all that fails, turn off the lights and lie down near the Christmas tree. Let your body sink into the floor, breathe deeply and watch the tree lights sparkle!!!
More tips on enjoying Christmas can be found here
A few useful articles to keep for January!