Did you know almonds are a good source of calcium? They are also a fantastic alternative in baking for those who are wheat or gluten intolerant. These almond pancakes are packed with protein, vitamins and minerals, help to balance your blood sugars and are heart healthy.
- 1 cup ground almonds
- 1/4 cup water – plain or sparkling
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp maple syrup optional
- coconut oil
Beat 2 eggs and add to flour, water & maple syrup.
Heat a little oil in a frying pan and spoon in just enough batter to fill half the frying pan.
Cook until set and the base of the pancake is golden brown. Toss or flip over. Cook the other side.
- Add mashed banana for an alternative flavour (you can omit the maple syrup)
- Eggs can be replaced with bananas, chia seeds, linseeds or apple sauce if you are egg intolerant
- Replace chocolate spread with a nut butter or sugar free peanut butter. Not only is it equally delicious but it is more nutritious and naturally sweet instead of being laden down with sugar.
- Put a large dollop of yogurt on your pancake and top with raspberries, blueberries or strawberries
- Try some sliced mango
- Something simple… A little drizzle of lemon juice