All the delicious taste of regular pancakes these are nutritious too. Buckwheat is gluten and wheat free despite it’s confusing name and boasts numerous health benefits. Buckwheat is high in both protein and fiber, supports heart health and can help prevent diabetes and digestive disorders. Often referred to as a superfood, buckwheat is packed with antioxidants and nutrients.
- 1 cup buckwheat flour
- 1 cup milk or dairy alternative (soya, rice, coconut)
- 1 tsp linseed or chia seeds
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 banana
- 2 tbs peanut or almond butter
- coconut oil for frying
Mix all the ingredients until smooth
Heat a little oil in a frying pan and pour in just enough batter to coat the base of the pan.
Cook until set and the base of the pancake is golden brown. Toss or flip over. Cook the other side.
- Replace chocolate spread with a nut butter or sugar free peanut butter. Not only is it equally delicious but it is more nutritious and naturally sweet instead of being laden down with sugar.
- Put a large dollop of yogurt on your pancake and top with raspberries, blueberries or strawberries
- Place some mandarins along the middle of your pancake and roll. Make sure the mandarins are juicy!
- Something simple… A little drizzle of lemon juice