- 1 medium cauliflower – cut into florets
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 large onion
- 1 lemon – juice and zest of
- 1 tbsp curry powder – see seed-free curry powder*
- 350ml / 12fl oz vegetable stock – bouillion powder
- 400ml coconut milk – light or full fat
- 1/2 tsp honey
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 tbsp fresh coriander – chopped
- 1 tbsp spring onions – chopped
Preheat the oven to 200C / Gas 6. Line a baking tray with foil
Toss the cauliflower florets with 1 tablespoon of coconut oil and spread on a baking tray. Bake for 25 minutes or until golden brown.
In a large saucepan, combine 1 tbsp coconut oil and onion over a medium high heat. Cook for 3 minutes or until the onion begins to soften and become translucent.
Add the lemon zest, lemon juice, curry powder and 125ml of vegetable stock. Cook for another 2 minutes.
Add the cauliflower, remaining stock, coconut milk, honey and salt. Stir to combine. Bring mixture to the boil. Remove from heat.
Transfer the soup to a blender and blend until smooth.
Return to the soup to the pot over low heat and cook until it thickens, about 2 minutes. Remove from the heat and serve with fresh coriander and spring onions.
* seed-free curry powder recipe can be found here – Seed free curry powder