Health & Nutrition (“We”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us.
Information We Collect From You
There are various different ways we collect information from you:
- Information that you provide by completing our online contact form on our site https://www.healthandnutrition.ie (our Site)
- Information when you enter a competition or promotion sponsored by Us
- When you contact Us directly at fiona@healthandnutrition
- All new clients are requested to complete a questionnaire prior to attending our clinic which is sent and returned by email (through a secure site on www.irishdomains.com)
- When you sign up for Our newsletter through MailChimp
We do NOT hold any financial information on clients as any payments made online are made directly through PayPal.
Data Protection Principles
There are six data protection principles that are core to the General Data Protection Regulation. Health & Nutrition will make every possible effort to comply with these principles at all times in our information-handling practices. The principles are:
- Lawful, fair and transparent – Data collection must be fair, for a legal purpose and we must be open and transparent as to how the data will be used.
- Limited for its purpose – Data can only be collected for a specific purpose.
- Data minimisation – Any data collected must be necessary and not excessive for its purpose.
- Accurate – The data we hold must be accurate and kept up to date.
- Retention – We cannot store data longer than necessary.
- Integrity and confidentiality – The data we hold must be kept safe and secure.
Heath & Nutrition’s owner Fiona Montague is the data controller for all personal data held by us and is responsible for:
- Analysing and documenting the type of personal data we hold
- Checking procedures to ensure they cover all the rights of the individual
- Identifying the lawful basis for processing data
- Ensuring consent procedures are lawful
- Implementing and reviewing procedures to detect, report and investigate personal data breaches
- Storing data in safe and secure ways
- Assessing the risk that could be posed to individual rights and freedoms should data be compromised
- In cases when data is stored on printed paper, it will be kept in a secure place where only the data controller can access it
- Printed data will be shredded when it is no longer needed
- Data stored on a computer will be protected by strong passwords that are changed regularly.
- Servers containing personal data must be kept in a secure location, away from general office space
- Data will be regularly backed up.
- All servers containing sensitive data must be protected by security software
- All possible technical measures will be put in place to keep data secure
- All electrical correspondence is kept secure through our web hosting company
Health & Nutrition will retain personal data for no longer than is necessary. This shall be in accordance with the guidelines of our insurance company Balens.
Uses Made of The Information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us (including a follow up call or email up to 12 months after our final appointment)
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
- To provide information on goods and services which may be of interest to you, which would be done by electronic means only.
Disclosure of Your Information
- You have the right to remove yourself from our marketing emails by subscribing after every email.
- You have the right to ask not to be contacted for a follow up consultation.
You can also exercise this right at any time by contacting us by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org